CERTIFIED SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER
Our two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner training course provides a comprehensive and in-depth training in Scrum theory and practice, taught by a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer.
The course format is divided equally between lecture, discussion, and exercises, with frequent opportunities to ask questions.
In addition to Scrum theory and practices, the course also includes coverage of the following topics:
- The Fundamentals of Agile Development
- The Basic Practices of Scrum
- The Role of the Product Owner
- Techniques for estimating business value: Recursive HML / Customer segment value grid
- Techniques for prioritizing the Product Backlog: ROI / MoSCoW
- Agile project estimation, including Velocity and Relative estimation
- Techniques for relative estimation: Planning Poker / Recursive SML
- Techniques for estimating velocity: Historical / Prior Non-Agile Project-based / Theoretical Sprint / Best-Case+Worst-Case
- Estimating fixed date, fixed scope, fixed cost projects, and fixed/variable projects
- Estimating large / multi-team projects
- Agile Contracts: contract structure and commitment validation
- Release models: All-at-once / release trains
- Minimum Viable Product
- Definition of Done and managing project risk
- Strategies for splitting Product Backlog Items: Workflow Steps / Business Value / Data Subset / Simple-Complex / Happy-Sad
- Managing requirements change while still delivering on schedule and within budget
- Release Backlog and Burndown Chart: Single team / Multi-team
- 7 Strategies to responding to behind-schedule projects
Attendees who are Project Management Institute PMP's are eligible for 16 Professional Development Units.