Our two-day Certified ScrumMaster training course provides a comprehensive and in-depth training in Scrum theory and practice, taught by a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer.
The course format is divided equally between lecture, discussion, and exercises, with frequent opportunities to ask questions.
In addition to Scrum theory and practices, the course also includes coverage of the following topics:
- The Fundamentals of Agile Development and Scrum
- The Principles of Inspect – Adapt – Transparency
- Iterative, Incremental Development
- Basic Scrum Simulation – 5 Sprints with IID and Inspect – Adapt – Transparency
- The Basic Structure of a Project or Release in Scrum
- The Basic Practices of Scrum
- The Role of the ScrumMaster
- The Role of the Product Owner
- The Role of the Team
- A Day in the Life of a ScrumMaster
- The Product Backlog and D.E.E.P.
- The Definition of Done
- Intensive Scrum Simulation – including commitment-based Sprint Planning, Estimating Available Hours, Product Backlog Item Analysis and Decomposition, the Sprint Backlog and Burndown Chart, The Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective)
- Starting Scrum Projects from Day 1 to Delivery.
- Working Successfully with Uncertain or Changing Requirements
- Emergent Architecture and Design
- Getting to Potentially Shippable in 30 days or less
- Success with Scrum in multi-location (distributed) projects, including best practices, strategies for success, and hands-on creation of a gameplan for success. (Each student will also receive a copy of the Distributed Scrum Primer.)
- Scaling Scrum to Large Projects, including the Scrum of Scrums, team coordination, synchronized sprints, and dependency handling
- Scrum Tools
- Creating the Product Backlog and writing requirements using User Stories
- Product Backlog size estimation using Planning Poker
- Estimating release dates and project cost in Scrum (including Date-Driven Releases, Scope-Driven Releases, and Date- and Scope-Driven Releases), including hands-on case study
- Creating the Release Backlog and Release Burndown Chart
- Managing projects/releases to on-time delivery, including hands-on case study
- Five strategies for getting a behind-schedule project/release back on schedule
- ScrumMaster Case Studies
- Fixed Bid Contracts
- Exam Preparation
Attendees who are Project Management Institute PMP's are eligible for 16 Professional Development Units.